Active Guard & Reserve (AGR)
The Active Guard & Reserve (AGR) section provides advisory services on the AGR program, and management of all branch regulatory requirements pertaining to AGR human resources administration and services.
- AGR Hiring
- AGR Separations
- AGR Travel
- AGR Manpower Management
Benefits provides advisory services in the administration of employee benefit programs.
- Health / Life Insurance
- Thrift Savings Plan (TSP)
- Worker’s Compensation
Classification provides advisory services for position classification, position management and compensation related areas.
- Position Descriptions
- Civilian Position / Manpower Management
- Organizational Structures
Information Systems provides advisory services on civilian human resources automated systems.
- MyBiz / MyWorkplace
- Technician / T5 Performance Appraisals
Labor Relations provides advisory services on labor matters, adverse & disciplinary actions, and union related issues.
- Collective Bargaining Agreements
- Adverse & Disciplinary Actions
- Alternate Dispute Resolution
- Union Coordination
Staffing provides advisory services on the full-range of professional, administrative, technical, and trades & labor positions.
- Recruitment & Placement
- Military Technician Compatibility
- Permanent Change of Station Moves
- Pay Setting
- Recruitment & Retention Allowances
- Reduction in Force
Technician / T5 Training & Development
Human Resources Development provides advisory services on various training and development opportunities, methods, and programs.
- National Guard Professional Education Center (NGPEC)
- Defense Travel System (DTS)
- Army Training Requirements and resource System (ATRRS)
- Supervisory Development
- Performance Improvement Plans
- Employee Training & Development
Probationary Period Terminations
The supervisor must decide to separate (terminate) a probationary period employee no later than 10 months from the employee’s start date. This allows for the processing of termination documentation to HRO for approval and a 30-day notice of termination.
Once a decision has been made to terminate, the supervisor will provide documentation describing the deficiencies observed throughout the probationary period (The Human Resources Officer will want to see some form of supporting documentation) and may include any of the following:
- Written supervisory observation (write your own sworn statement or Memorandum for Record)
- Witness Statements
- Video, Computer Logs or Security system
- Admission or Confession (Supervisors should not question employees about suspected misconduct without first receiving legal advice)
- Supervisor drafts termination packet and forwards to the Labor Relations Specialist
- for review and approval (~7 business days).
- Termination packet (eSSS, supervisor documentation, draft 30-Day notice, SF 52) will be reviewed by Position Managing Officer (PMO)(i.e., Directorate or Wing Commander), HRO, and JAG. Be sure that the PMO is aware of the request to terminate prior to being presented with review packet.
- Labor Relations Specialist will route through JAG to HRO for approval.
Termination Notification Meeting
The employee is presented with the HRO decision letter and effective date of termination.
30-Day Notification of Pending Termination
The employee may be allowed to work for the 30-days leading up to the effective date of termination.
If the employee becomes problematic during this period, he/she may be sent home due to not being “Ready, Willing and Able to Work”. If concerns arise against a government interest (i.e., threats to government personnel or property), the employee may be placed on “Notice Leave” (a type of administrative leave) for the duration of the remainder of the 30-day notification of termination.
Employee’s Last Day of Employment with the Agency
All government furnished equipment (i.e., door access badge, keys, computers, etc.) will be collected on the employee’s last day of employment or last day of physical presence at the official worksite.
For additional Guidance Contact:
Ms. Stacey Mitchell
Labor Relations Specialist