State Tuition Reimbursement
State Tuition Reimbursement
What is STR?
STR is a financial reimbursement program provided to eligible Arizona National Guard members for education programs in support of a Service Member’s professional and personal self-development goals. (Reference: AR 621-5, Army Continuing Education System & STR AZNG PAM 621-300 dtd Jul 2019
GUIDELINES FOR COMPLETION OF AZ Form 621-300-1
- Applicant will complete Items 1 though 21 of the AZ Form 621-300-1 (hereafter known as application). It is your responsibility to turn in a completed application. Items 22 through 24 must be completed, signed and dated by your Unit Commander or designated representative of the Unit Commander. This is to make sure that the Service Member is in good standing with the unit. Form must be turned to the AZ ARNG Education Services Office in item #9 below.
- he application must be received by the AZARNG Education Services Office, in item #9 below, 15 calendar days prior to the first day of class, not to exceed 60 days prior to the class start date. Your application will be processed according to the date received and by the tier level. If you receive a copy of your application in your email with the word “APPROVED” stamped on it, this means that funds have been allocated.
- When the semester is completed, submit a copy of your unofficial transcript, a zero balance receipt and STR survey to the AZ ARNG Education Services Office. These documents MUST BE SUBMITTED AND RECEIVED BY THE AZ ARNG EDUCATION SERVICES OFFICE, IN ITEM #9 BELOW, WITHIN 30 CALENDAR DAYS FROM THE LAST DAY OF CLASS. IF UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS AND ZERO BALANCE RECEIPT ARE NOT RECEIVED WITHIN THIS TIME FRAME, YOUR FUNDS WILL BE REALLOCATED TO THE NEXT SERVICE MEMBER WAITING TO BE FUNDED. If you receive a copy of your application with the word, “PAID” stamped on it. This means you should be receiving payment WITHIN 45 DAYS FROM THE DATE STAMPED PAID.
- If you drop, or cancel a class please call the AZARNG Education Services Office immediately to make the necessary changes on your application. If you add a class, you must fill out another application with the new information.
- The reimbursement will be computed based on whether a “C” or better was earned and ONLY for the classes listed on the APPROVED application.
- Tier levels for funding:
- ALL ARMY & AIR NATIONAL GUARD SUBMIT PAPERWORK TO THE AZ ARNG EDUCATION SERVICES OFFICE: THIS PROGRAM CAN ONLY BE USED WHEN FUNDS ARE AVAILABLE.
- DUAL REIMBURSEMENT - ADMINISTRATIVE LIMITATIONS: Pursuant to expressed intention of legislative committees and a substantiation opinion from the Attorney General of Arizona, an applicant receiving reimbursement from his/her employer will not be entitled to Arizona National Guard reimbursement unless the amount of tuition exceeds that received from the employer. The Arizona National Guard will make up the difference, not to exceed the amount paid by the employer and the total amount of school tuition. The maximum amount available per Arizona National Guard member for State Tuition Reimbursement for tuition is two hundred fifty ($250.00) dollars per semester hour not to exceed four thousand ($4000.00) dollars per state fiscal year (1 Jul – 30 Jun). THIS IS NOT A GUARANTED PROGRAM AND CAN ONLY BE USED AS LONG AS FUNDS ARE AVAILABLE.
- It is the sole responsibility of the Service Member to follow up on their paperwork.
G1 Soldier Support Division
Attn: Education Services Office (ESO)
5636 E. McDowell Road Building #M5710
Phoenix, Arizona 85008-3495