2017 Preparedness Symposium
One Team, One Mission!
The phrase “Whole Community” describes an approach to emergency management that frames all hazard preparedness, prevention, response, recovery and mitigation as the shared responsibility of federal, tribal, state and local governments; non-governmental and faith-based organizations; private sector businesses; and communities, families and individuals.
Please join other Whole Community members on Wednesday, September 13, at the Embassy Suites by Hilton, Scottsdale Resort to discuss emergency preparedness challenges and opportunities in Arizona, and help develop an inclusive approach to reducing the impact of disasters on people, property and the environment.
Morning discussion topics focus on:
- Continuity of Operations - Why is it important?
- Critical Infrastructure - How is it defined?
- Cybersecurity - What role do cyber threats play?
Afternoon discussion topics focus on:
- Evacuation and Re-Entry - What are the steps to develop and implement new evacuation langauge statewide and how can you partner in this effort?
- Economic Recovery - How do we recover our economic base following crisi and how can you support the community?
- Crisis and Risk Communication - How do audiences assess messages in a crisis and how we can ensure we always meet their needs?
There is no cost to register. Register now until Friday, August 25th.
- Once you register, you will receive an email to activate your account.
- The account will be used to manage your registration.
- Account password must be at least 8 characters long.
- Cancellation or substitution must be done through Eventbrite.
- Make changes or cancel your registration by Wednesday, August 30th.
Limited rooms are available for exclusive rates of $118 per night plus tax. Room block is reserved for group name AZ Department of Emergency & Military Affairs. Call (800) 362-2779 or book online for reservations until August 15.