NOTE: Effective October 31, 2018 DEMA will no longer be utilizing the ERMA website for course registration.
We strongly recommend that all students print out and save their transcripts and certificates, as they will no longer be available through the ERMA website after October 31, 2018. If you have any questions, please contact the DEMA Training Office at 602-464-6225 or by email at [email protected]
Our Training Office provides a variety of courses throughout Arizona, as well arranging for attendance at training for many out-of-state federal programs. DEMA’s training programs can be requested for local delivery in coordination with your County or Tribal Emergency Management Agency, through submission of our Training Event Request form. You can also check to see what’s currently scheduled in your area by visiting our online Acadis Student Portal for available classes. First time users will be required to request an account. For instructions on requesting an account, click here.
Our division provides a variety of programs offered through the Federal Emergency Management Agency's (FEMA) Emergency Management Institute (EMI). This series of programs focuses on the following topics, and you can visit our Emergency Management Training page for more information on these programs.
- Incident Command System
- National Incident Management System
- All Hazards Incident Management Teams
- Communication Unit Leader and Technician
- Multi-Hazard Emergency Planning for Schools
- Community Emergency Response Team (CERT)
- Professional Development Series
- Advanced Professional Series
- Emergency Management Professional Program
- Many No-Cost Independent Study Programs
The US Dept of Homeland Security's National Training and Education Division provides a wealth of federally funded programs available for local delivery, as well as in-residence programs offered at no cost at various out-of-state training sites. This series of programs focuses on the following topics, and you can visit our Homeland Security Training page for more information on these programs.
- Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear and Explosive (CBRNE)
- Terrorism and Catastrophic Events
- Cyber, Agriculture and Food Security
- Hospital and Health Emergency Management
- Citizen Preparedness
- Nuclear and Radiological
- Hazardous Materials Transportation
Hazardous Materials Training
Our Hazardous Materials training program teaches competencies found in the National Fire Protection Agency standards (NFPA 472), as well as the Occupational Safety and Health Administration standards (OSHA 1910.120). Our programs are taught using the International Association of Fire Fighters curriculum and include:
- First Responder Awareness
- First Responder Operations
- Hazardous Materials Technician
Training Branch Manager
Adjunct Instructor Program
Homeland Security and Hazardous Materials
SAA Training Point of Contact (TPOC)
State Training Officer (STO)