Human Resources Office (HRO)
Human Resources Office (HRO)
The Human Resources Office (HRO) enhances mission readiness by focusing our efforts on "Appointment to Retirement" services for each employee. HRO serves as The Adjutant General's single point of control for administering and managing the Arizona National Guard's full-time personnel programs.
- (22 JUN 21) The updated Collective Bargaining Agreements for ACT 61 & ACT 71 have been posted to the web site. They can be found under the MISC tab below and on the Labor Relations page.
- (10 MAR 21) The Higher Annual Leave Carryover Limits under Section 1111 of the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2021 memorandum has been posted to the site.
- (22 FEB 21) The Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) is offering free webinars in March and April. Please view the flyers for dates, subjects, and how to register.
- (10 FEB 21) The Transitional Health Benefits for Certain Members of the National Guard Supporting the COVID-19 Response Effort memorandum has been posted to the site.
- (03 FEB 21) Deferred OASDI FAQ
Why does my employee have a debt reported on their LES?
Deferred OASDI will be collected as a debt in 24 pay periods in 2021. The debt module will manage the payments and year to date adjustments.
As an active employee do I have to pay through payroll deductions?
We are not able to accept checks, pay.gov or other forms of payments for these debts, they must be collected through payroll deductions.
Can my active employee repay it in less than 24 pay periods? Can I adjust the amount deducted biweekly?
Yes, just submit a Voluntary Repayment Agreement through Remedy or Fax and the debt team will process. We are not able to reduce the amount to less than the 24 pay periods. If an employee is in an unpaid status and not able to have deductions taken they will continue beyond the 24 pay periods.
My employee changed jobs during the deferred OASDI timeframe of 09/12/20-12/21/20 and has an inactive debt and an active debt, can they have the inactive debt moved to the active account?
Yes, please submit a Voluntary Repayment Agreement ticket and the team will move the debt to the new account and set the payments to be collected by December 4th.
My employee is separating before December 4th what will happen?
The debt will attempt to collect in full from final pay and any remaining balance will be collected by out of service procedures.
Will my employees receive a corrected W-2 to report the additional OASDI collections?
For the debts set to collect by payroll deductions, yes, W-2 corrections will be generated in December 2021. Information on the submission of the W-2Correction is not available at this time. The debts that had letters sent to the employees have already had the adjustments reflected in the 2020 W-2 and no correction is necessary.
My employee received a debt letter, can they repay by check or pay.gov?
Yes, any employee that received a physical copy of a debt letter or one through MyPay can repay using the terms included in the letter.
My employee did not ask for the deferral, why did you defer the OASDI and do they have to pay it back?
IRS Notice 2020-65 and the Memorandum on Deferring Payroll Tax Obligations in Light of the Ongoing COVID-19 Disaster, ordered government agencies to implement the deferral of OASDI taxes.
How can active employees verify the amount of deferred OASDI owed?
Employees can review their LES and note the year to date amount deducted for OASDI in the DEDUCTIONS block, then refer to the BENEFITS PAID BY GOVERNMENT FOR YOU block and note the year to date OASDI amount paid on behalf of the employee. If there is no deferral, the amounts would match. If the amount in the DEDUCTIONS block is less, then the difference between the two numbers is the debt amount. CSR’s can also review the debt module and match the amount to the amount of UJ Employer Contribution to OASDI in the DCPS Pay history.
How can inactive employees verify the amount of deferred OASDI owed?
Inactive employees can review their LES’s and note the amount paid in each pay period in the BENEFITS PAID BY THE GOVERNMENT FOR YOU block and any pay dates without a corresponding OASDI collection is owed back to the government.
If you have any additional questions, please reach out to you finance office.
- (13 JAN 21) The Collection of 2020 Old Age, Survivors, and Disability Insurance Payroll Tax Deferral memorandum has been added to the web site.
- (13 JAN 21) The Office of Personnel Management Compensation Policy Memoranda for 2021 memorandum has been added to the web site.
- (13 JAN 21) An Information Paper on the Applicability and Guidance on the Implementation of Section 1111 of the Fiscal Year 2021 National Defense Authorization Act has been added to the web site.
- (23 OCT 20) We will soon begin publishing Air (and eventually Army) AGR vacancy announcements on FTSMCS. We have posted instructions on AKO Registration and FTSMCS Applications to assist with the transition.
- (20 OCT 20) Interim Guidance on the use of Paid Parental Leave has been added to the web site.
- (16 OCT 20) A how-to on Self-Certifying Training in MyBiz has been posted to the web site.
- (07 OCT 20) The Paid Partental Leave Fact Sheet has been posted to the web site.
- (02 OCT 20) The COVID-19 Workplace Leave Flexibilities Worksheet has been posted to the web site.
- (20 SEP 20) Please read the fact sheet concerning the 08 August 2020 Executive Order concerning the temporary deferal of Social Security (or OASDI) wages beginning in mid-September. Additional information can be obtain by visiting the DFAS web site.
- (05 AUG 20) The Human Resources Office very soon will resume posting position vacancy announcements to the USAJOBS web site at https://www.usajobs.gov. Please check the DEMA JOB LISTING page for the most current listing of vacancy announcments as job postings are updated daily. When we resume posting to USAJOBS, the job link will take you directly to the job listing on the USAJOBS web site, versus opening the PDF announcement as currently setup. Thank you for your patience we complete this transition.
AZ Awards Form 1 (Recommendation for Federal Technician Award)
NGB 32 (Recommendation for Incentive Award or Quality Step Increase)
GEARS Routing list - ARNG & ANG (Current as of 01 August 2021)
Interactive Civilian LES
Human Resources Officer
Col Fausto Padilla
602 629 4800
Deputy Human Resources Officer
LTC Jennifer Fadeley
602 629 4802
Employee Labor Relations
Ms. Stacey Mitchell
602 629 4806
Employee Recruiting and Placement (Staffing) / Position Classification
Ms. Elena Chacon
602 629 4807
Employee Relations (Benefits)
Mr. Cristian Acosta
602 267 2057
Employee Information System Manager (My Biz, Performance Appraisals)
Mr. Randy Hendryx ([email protected])
602 629 4815
Technician / T5 Employee Training
Mr. James Miller
602 629 4074
Active Guard & Reserve (ARNG)
1SG Lindsy Howard
602 629 4814
Active Guard & Reserve (ANG)
MSgt Englecia Douglas
602 629- 4826
Management Analyst (Manpower & Budget)
Ms. Ashley Outland
602 629 4514