Camping and Recreational Vehicle Regulations
Camping and Recreational Vehicle Regulations
At this time due to archeological considerations there shall be no camping or activity at Indian Village until further notice. Any patron found in violation of this rule will be referred to Command for determination of further action. Any changes or updates will be posted on this site and this site only. All other rules and regulations below remain in effect in their entirety. Thank you for your understanding.
Soft shell camping is now permitted at Tappen Springs, we ask that patrons be very cautious about properly disposing of trash, as well as watching children and pets closely, due to concerns during the summer months with bears on post. Camp Navajo, DEMA and the Arizona National Guard are not responsible for any damage or injury to our patrons during the time of their visit here on Camp Navajo.
Currently Camp Navajo does not allow Grey Water dumping. If you would like to bring your RV to Tappen Springs please make arrangements to rid the vehicle of grey water elsewhere. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes, and are working to find alternatives for our 2017 season. Thank you for your patience.
The RV Park is currently open for dry camping only, no electrical or water is available. The fee is $5 per day, and you can remit your payment at the front desk in Building 1. The RV Park will close on the first snowfall of the season, due to plowing priorities. No camping will be permitted once closed until the 2018 season, dates will be published on this website as soon as they are available.
1. Authorized Participants, Camping & RV Regulations
- Cash is no longer accepted, check or money order is the only acceptable form of payment.
- Please check this website regularly for updates.
- AZNG and those personnel retired in possession of a retired NG identification card or an official letter of retirement from the AZNG.
- State DEMA employees with a valid ID.
- Retired military personnel from all services (20 years or retired for disability in possession of a retired military identification card or an official letter of retirement from that particular service.)
- Sponsors (A. - D.) may escort dependents/RV guests. Sponsors are responsible for the conduct of their dependents/RV guests.
- All DoD members with a valid ID.
2. Security Requirements
- All personnel using the campgrounds shall initially check in at Post 3 and with the Camp Host.
- See Camping Rules form at Post 3 for the campgrounds and at Pine View RV Park before proceeding to a campsite.
- Traveling through the Buffer Area at night is PROHIBITED.
- Possession of weapons on Camp must follow all State and Federal guidelines and adhere to any and all AZNG rules and regulations. While in the cantonment area all weapons shall have a trigger or cable lock, and remain unloaded.
- All emergencies must be reported to Security Operations at (928) 773-3297 or Post 3 Security Officers (928) 773-3259.
- No camper or hunter shall affix a target for practice of any kind in any RV or camping site.
- No camper or hunter shall use a pellet or BB gun within the camping area or within a quarter mile of a designated Camping site.
- Camp Navajo has an available archery range for archers who bring their own targets and notify the MWR coordinator of intended use 928-773-3124.
- For safety of all patrons at camp sites, any harvest animal shall not be dressed in any camp site, and shall be fully contained in a cooler or similar container to ensure the health, welfare and safety of all campers and units in the area.
3. General Rules
- Smoking is NOT permitted in any building on CN.
- Fire permits, obtained from the CN Fire Department, are required for campfires and grills at the RV Park and Tappen Springs (TS) and Indian Village (IV) campgrounds. Cooking shall be done on a grill or other appliances that are designed for that purpose. During elevated Fire Danger conditions, smoking shall be done in a vehicle or in an area that is free of combustible materials. Dispose of butts in appropriate containers.
- Each vehicle or picnic/camp site shall have a fire extinguisher and a shovel readily available
- All military equipment and buildings on CN are off limits to visitors and campers except to conduct official business at the request of the Garrison Commander or their designee.
- Pets must be leashed (maximum leash length is 12 feet) and never left unattended. Pet owner shall clean up all animal waste.
- Speed limit is 10 mph when passing troops.
- ATVs UTVs are authorized for use on Camp Navajo during hunting season, but shall have both street legal and OHV requirements met in order to operate them on Camp Navajo. All personnel on Camp Navajo shall adhere to LCC memorandum for motorcycle and ATV usage and reference DoDI 6055.04 Paragraphs 4-6, the Army Safety Program AR 385-10 Paragraph 11-7 and 11-9.
- Motorcycle riding on Camp Navajo is restricted to the Cantonment area in accordance with above referenced documents.
- The RV Park and campgrounds listed below are the only authorized camping areas on the installation. Campers found outside of designated areas are considered to be trespassing and are subject to referral for criminal prosecution.
- Campground and RV Park overnight stay limit is 14 days based on availability. Sites will not be left unattended more than 48 hours.
- Campers not staying in the campgrounds or RV Park must pay $5 for black/gray water drainage ONLY at the RV Park entrance dump station.
- Note to all hunters: Under no circumstances shall you bring a carcass into the RV Park.
4. Tappen Springs
- Fees are $5 per night, includes dump. Everyone shall register upon arrival.
- Registration boxes are located on site, or register with Camp Host. In off seasons (absence of the designated Camp Hosts) hunters and campers shall register with the Hunting and MWR Coordinator. All campers regardless of status shall pay in advance, failure to pay can result in referral for criminal charges. If a camper’s stay is shortened, Camp Navajo does not provide refunds under any circumstances. MWR Coordinator, 928-773-3124. All garbage shall be removed upon departure, and while in the camp site kept properly contained to avoid attracting the wild animals on post.
- Fire permits required for all campfires. Campers shall have shovels and fire extinguisher.
- Camping may be off limits due to troop activity, and campers may be asked to vacate an area after they have established camp due to training requirement. Please call in advance of arrival. Camp Navajo shall not provide any refunds to campers due to any extenuating circumstances.
- Portable toilets are currently unavailable at Tappen Springs. It is prohibited to dig holes or trenches for toilet use.
5. Pine View RV Park
- 2015 Revised Fees and Rules for Pine View RV Park at Camp Navajo
- All patrons at the RV Park must present a valid Military ID, DoD ID, proof of 100% DAV, or State DEMA Employee ID. Cash is no longer accepted, currently only check or money order are acceptable forms of payment.
- RV sites are $18 per day. Tent sites are $12 per day. Dump fees are included.
- Overflow RV fee is $12 per day, only when RV park is full. Two night maximum.
- Reservations are not accepted, however, priority is given to those who call first.
- There is a limit of six people per site, $5 a day for each additional person.
- Maximum stay is four weeks. Camp Host may grant an extension if there are available sites at the time of renewal request. Patrons must vacate the RV Park for at least one week after staying for eight consecutive weeks.
- Clothes lines are not permitted. Campers shall not hang clothes outside to dry.
- No tents or outdoor bathroom facilities are permitted at the RV site.
- Two vehicle limit per site. Additional vehicles shall park in the overflow area.
- Check out time is 11am. Check in time is 12PM. Quiet hours are 10PM through 6AM.
- Hunters: Absolutely no cleaning or dressing your kill in the RV Park. If you harvest an animal it must be fully contained in an appropriate cooler or similar containment modality and not visible or accessible in any way, or you shall be asked to leave the park immediately.
- All RV sites shall be kept clean and free of trash.
- Fire permits are required for campfires.
- Campsites are not to be left unattended for more than 48 hours.
- Campers shall not sleep outside of your vehicle or tent.
- Pets shall be leashed at all times within the RV Park.
- Camp Host is the point of contact. Camp Host may make adjustments as needed.
Camp Navajo is not responsible or liable for personal property, injury or personnel residing at Pine View RV Park or Tappen Springs.