Colonel David J. Ciesielski
Colonel David J. Ciesielski
Colonel David J. Ciesielski serves as the Command Chief of Staff for the Arizona National Guard, Papago Park Military Reservation, Phoenix. He is the Senior Staff Officer and advisor for the Deputy Adjutant General and represents the agency on all critical matters pertaining the Division of Administrative Services, where he manages a broad spectrum of support functions for the Arizona National Guard’s and Emergency Management’s personnel and missions.
Colonel Ciesielski graduated from the United States Air Force Academy and served in the Air Force for 11 years as a Manpower and Personnel Officer in Air Combat Command, Air Education and Training Command, and Headquarters Air Force. As a member of the ANG for the last 13 years, he managed ANG’s full-time personnel program, manpower program, the Future Years Defense Program, and held multiple commands. He was the Military Defense Advisor for United States Senator, Ron Wyden, Oregon and was the Air Force’s Manpower and Personnel Field Grade Air Reserve Component Staff Officer of the Year. Prior to his current position, the Colonel was the Director of Air Staff, Arizona Air National Guard Headquarters, Phoenix, Arizona.
1996 Bachelor of Science in Social Sciences, United States Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colorado
1999 Master of Business and Administration, University of Phoenix, Phoenix, Nevada
2001 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Alabama
2009 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2010 Air Force Legislative Fellowship, Washington D.C.
2011 Legislative Studies Certificate, Georgetown University, Washington D.C.
2013 Air War College, by correspondence
2021 Joint Task Force Commander Training Course (USNORTHCOM)
2021 Dual Status Commander Qualification Program (USNORTHCOM)
1. August 1996 – August 1999, Manpower and Quality Management Officer, 99th Air Base Wing, Nellis AFB, Nev.
2. August 1999 – October 2000, Resource Program Manager, Plans and Programs Directorate, Headquarters Air and Education Command, Randolph AFB, Texas
3. October 2000– June 2001, Chief, Manpower Resources and Performance Management, Plans and Programs Directorate, Headquarters Air and Education Command, Randolph AFB, Texas
4. June 2001 – July 2002, Executive Officer, Plans and Programs Directorate (XP), Headquarters Air and Education Command, Randolph AFB, Texas
5. July 2002 – May 2004, Program Manager, Personnel and Training, Deputy Chief of Staff for Personnel (A1), Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
6. May 2004 – June 2005, Program Manager, Combat Forces, Deputy Chief of Staff for Personnel (A1), Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
7. June 2005 – March 2007, Commander, Military Personnel Flight, 7th Bomb Wing, Dyess AFB, Texas, (May 2006 – September 2006, Officer-In-Charge, Manpower and Personnel Directorate, United States Central Command, MacDill AFB, Florida)
8. March 2007 – August 2009, Chief, Resources, Systems and Analysis Branch, Air National Guard Readiness Center, Arlington, Va.
9. August 2009 – December 2010, student, Legislative Fellow, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
10. December 2010 – November 2015, Commander, Force Support Squadron, 161st Air Refueling Wing, Phoenix, Ariz.
11. November 2015 – August 2019, Commander, Mission Support Group, 161st Air Refueling Wing, Goldwater ANGB, Ariz.
12. August 2019 – December 2020, Director of Air Staff, Arizona Air National Guard Headquarters, Phoenix, Ariz.
13. December 2020 – Present, Command Chief of Staff, Arizona National Guard Headquarters, Phoenix, Ariz.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Meritorious Service Medal with five oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
Joint Service Achievement Medal
AF Outstanding Unit Award with three devices
AF Organizational Excellence Award with four devices
Air Force Recognition Ribbon
National Defense Service Medal with one device
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Nuclear Deterrence Operations Service Medal with one device
AF Longevity Service with six oak leaf clusters
AF Training Ribbon
AZ Long Service Medal
AZ Service Ribbon with two devices
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant, May 29, 1996
First Lieutenant, May 29, 1998
Captain, May 29, 2000
Major, May 1, 2006
Lieutenant Colonel, Feb. 5, 2011
Colonel, Nov. 30, 2015